In Your 40s
For those in their 40s, life is likely full-speed ahead and requires intentionality to balance its many priorities. There seems to be more clarity in life, but new thoughts of purpose are starting to enter the equation. You may begin asking yourself, “what is all this for, how can I make a diﬀerence, what will my legacy look like, and who will know it?” While your focus may move from “survival mode” to preparing the next generations for a brighter tomorrow, you may be uncertain what your future will look like.
The steps you take in your 40s will have a profound impact on your family and beyond. Here are some questions you should consider:
- How do I know how much I need for retirement?
- Am I saving enough for my retirement?
- What funds should I choose in my 401k account to ensure the right balance between risk and return?
- Should I put all of my retirement savings towards my 401k? What other investment options are available to maximize coverage of future expenses, i.e. healthcare?
- What should I do with the 401k from my previous employer?
- Do I have enough life and disability insurance to protect my family?
- What options and considerations should I be looking at to save and pay for my children’s education?
- What can I be doing now to teach my children sound financial principles?
- How can I align my investments with my values and beliefs while not sacrificing my goals?
Need guidance? Don’t’ Worry – you’re not alone.
Truth is, many people are unsure how to secure their financial future. We are here to answer your questions or schedule a conversation to help identify the best steps for you to reach the future you envision.